Monday, September 15, 2008

SkyFest

From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM
This weekend was SkyFest. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday tons of hot air balloons would set off into the sky. We went Saturday morning, and it was worth getting up early to see.
From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM
It was interesting talking to some of the pilots and finding out exactly how they fly the balloon(most people probably know, but we didn't). Depending on which way the pilot wants the balloon to go, they go higher or lower to find the different wind directions, and use the flame to heat the air to keep the balloon open, and go higher into the air.
From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM

From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM

From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM

Through out the day, they also had kite contests, demonstrations, and remote controlled planes flying. That evening they had "The Burn" and a band playing. "The Burn" was to show off the flame that is used to fly off the balloon. It was a nice evening and was fun to be outside and listen to the music.
From New Album 9/14/08 5:03 PM
Thor with his souvenir. It didn't last him too long.

5 comments:

The Baldwin's said...

YES I love "festival city USA" Sure wish we could've been in Cedar for that! :) Glad you two are so cute and have so much fun together! I'm excited to see everyone when Mr. Brock gets home and tell JD that I said you have bigger muscles than him!

Kathy said...

The Sky Fest looked like a lot of fun. The balloons were so colorful and the sky was so blue. I can't believe all the fun things that Cedar City has for you guys to do. What a cute little town. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

carrie said...

I can't believe all the fun events you guys have down there. Dave and I really need to come visit before you leave!

Larsens said...

Hey JD & Ashley, you probably don't remember me but you know Drew! He told me to tell you hi, we found your blog through facebook & wanted to make sure we told ya hello! Hope you guys are doing good we would love to get together one day! Talk to ya later!

Rach said...

And I thought Cedar City was just full of a bunch of polygamists...silly me! I love looking at your blog too, you and your husband are so cute. I know it's a ways off, but we're going to CA in January, and will probably drive through Cedar...we would love to say hi and meet your husband and dog!